Sunday, February 12, 2012

Closing One Chapter, Opening Another

This blog is an open space for positing and responding to ideas. The space is open for any and all worldviews, mediums, hoopla, debate, profanity, creativity, emotions, and contribution. Viewpoints are respected, but should not be forced upon others. There is no room here for judgement of anyone's character, disrespect, racism, sexism, bigotry, deceit, or teaming up against anyone else in conflict. Aside from that, while the original posts made are mine, dive on in and enjoy this space! That being said...

Every time you encounter a person, you are seeing what the history of that person has created in that moment. Every new moment we live changes a person. New knowledge, loss of knowledge, death or trauma, and life-changing experiences can alter one's individuality in an instant. This story begins on the tail end of a 2-month long road trip from New York City to San Diego, 6 weeks of rest and self-recovery, and many rapid and sudden changes in outlook and in scenery. I am now near Yellowstone National Park at Hebgen Lake, Montana where I will be volunteering with Buffalo Field Campaign for several months. From here I will be embarking on a global journey that may last anywhere from 1 to 10 years.

I left a home in Southern California that was slowly closing its doors to me, and I make this journey to search for a home(s) of my own creation. In taking the time to absorb my experiences as well as contribute and create in every way I can, I am searching for a cause to commit a substantial portion of my life to. I'm looking for friends and lovers. I'm looking for family. I'm looking for a place to live and a way of life that I feel is gratifying. I want to take my last breath knowing that although I didn't get to do everything I had dreamed of doing; though I made mistakes, I was still able to use the time and resources I consumed and created something worthwhile. Do you think that's what everyone wants? I think that the purpose for life in capitalist society has been focused solely on consumption; on destruction, not creation. What worse hell can there be than ours when life itself has been co-opted for the gain and self-destruction of the very few, and at the potential cost of humanity itself?. I want for my very means of existence to stand in opposition to this worldview.

In making this transition, I have closed one chapter, only to turn the page and find another ready to begin. Who am I now? Who will I be? Who are you? Who will you be? Who are we to be together? Turn the page and read on. We'll answer those questions together...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!