Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hitching to Seattle

Shorter story, but still amazing. So, I got a few short rides from West Yellowstone area up to Bozeman, MT, where it took about an hour to get a ride westward. The woman who picked me up thought she was going farther, but had to drop me off at an exit that was literally nothing. In an hour, four cars passed me on the road that subtraversed the freeway. The fourth was only the second that entered the freeway, and it was a man who lived 6 blocks away from my grandmother's apartment in Seattle, the same apartment my mother spent her high school years living in. It was utterly amazing that this guy picked me up there, of all places. When stuff like that happens on the road, the person who picks me up always had some unusual circumstances that literally held them back from leaving until the right moment, a delay that was essential to being able to stop and pick me up.

He was very smart and capable, and had a professional hand in a lot of different honey jars working at a very high level in things like teaching scuba diving and inspecting welds around the country. He was also gay and obviously interested in me. Near the end, in the last hour or so, every exit was another opportunity I was passing up. He really wanted to give me a blow job. He was super nice, just a little desperate, I think. I arrived at my grandmother's doorstep less than 18 hours after I left the cabin in West Yellowstone. Pretty awesome time thumbing it.

My time in Seattle was essential to mending some of the rougher ties I have with my blood family in the past. I'm so happy that I made the trek up there. I wasn't going to originally, but sometimes, family is more important than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!